Inmate Notary & Jail Marriages
For over 15 years we have provided experienced mobile Notary Public and jail marriage services for most Southern California jails, prisons, detention centers, including Pitchess Detention Center, North County Correctional Facility (Wayside) in Castaic, California. We can assist you with ALL your notary public or marriage service needs. Same day appointments are available!
We notarize various types of documents including but not limited to:
- Affidavit of Inability to Appear
- Power of Attorney
- Vehicle Impound Release form
- Passport Consent form and Letter of Permission for Minors (to Travel or Visit)
- And Much More!
Many detention facilities allow professional visits by notaries and attorneys Monday-Sunday. A lawyer need not be present on the day your document is signed. We handle the signing and notarization. We are available 7 days a week. We make it so convenient that most of the time you won’t need to leave your home or office. Just leave the work to us!
We offer a complete low-cost marriage package that includes:
- The signing by the inmate and notarizing of the marriage documents needed to apply for the marriage license
- Assisting you in obtaining your marriage license at the County Recorder’s office
- Obtaining marriage approval (if necessary) from the Sheriff’s Department
- Providing the marriage ceremony at the jail facility by a Wedding Officiant.
In order to obtain a marriage license from the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk office when there is an inmate involved, a valid acceptable form of identification must be presented to the County Clerk for both the bride and the groom. If the inmate does not have an ID, please contact us to discuss other options. Below is a list of the acceptable IDs:
- Passport from any Country
- Driver’s Licenses/State IDs from any State or any Country
- International Driver License
- Matricula Consular with Birth Certificate translated in English
- Resident Alien Card (Green Card)
Our notaries are insured, bonded, certified and background screened. Our Wedding Officiants are experienced Ministers who perform numerous inmate marriages every month, and are very familiar with the marriage process especially when an inmate is involved.
Fees to the general public and attorneys for notarizations at jails, prisons, detention centers, courthouses or attorney offices depend upon the requirements of each job, the location of the facility, and the time frame required. Please call for a quote for notary or marriage services.
A Notary Public is not an attorney and is prohibited by law from rendering any kind of legal advice of any nature during or in conjunction with a Notarial Act. If you have any questions, please consult an attorney PRIOR to any notarization.